GCSE Y11 PE - Climbing
I am the Technical Advisor for a large secondary school in Manchester. The School use Real Adventure to…
- undertake structural surveys and repairs of their climbing wall
- clean and reset the holds
- create the risk management and working procedures policy
- train staff in the operation of the wall
- site specific assessments of the staff
- continual monitoring and staff development
- Climbing Wall Award trainings and assessments
- GCSE PE for climbing
Each week through Dec, Jan and Feb we are delivering the GCSE PE Climbing Syllabus.
Sally Ozanne, Rich Maywhort and I are running the training for the young people. Yesterday I was down at the school wall delivering session 1 for the red team.
The Staff we trained back in september are assisting us deliver the syllabus enabling them to gain group experience before their assessment.