Risk Management Summary
Real adventure is registered and licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA). Licence details can be confirmed by calling the licensing authority on 029 2075 5715, or by contacting there website at: www.aala.org.
Real Adventure is licensed by AALA to provide specified activities under the following headings:
- All real adventure equipment meets european standards, is checked regularly and has a replacement programme.
- All real adventure staff are highly qualified outdoor instructors, many have the highest qualification in their field, hold first aid certificates and have been policed checked.
- All activities are subject to an ongoing process of risk assessment and management.
- We have been approved by, or are run in accordance with, guidance laid down by:
- We hold a public liability insurance policy.
Our AALA license covers the following activities :
- Rock Climbing Single-Pitch
- Rock Climbing Multi-Pitch
- Ice Climbing
- Gorge Walking
- Ghyll Scrambling
- Sea Level Traversing
- Planned Scrambling
- Summer Hill Walking & Mountaineering
- Winter Hill Walking & Mountaineering
- Pot Holing
- Mine Exploration
- Open Canoeing
- Open Canoeing Sailing
- Improvised Rafting
Extra information can be found on the following websites:
- Adventure Activities Licensing (AALA)
- British Canoeing (BCU)
- Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI)
- Mountain Training (MT)
- British Mountaineering Council (BMC)
- British Orienteering (BOF)
You can download this risk management summary in PDF format in the downloads section of our Adventure's page.